Repairing Smoke Damage
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a house. However, many people don’t know about the other harmful elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously stain walls. Experiencing a fire can have devastating and lasting effects both to your family and your house.
The specialists from Paul Davis understand that your cherished keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why as fire restoration specialists, we’re ready to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke remediation services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to reduce costly fire and smoke damage to your building.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your house. Small-scale flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t act quickly. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- Put large fans by open windows and doors to suck out the smokey air.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean any item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your house have smoke damage? Let the experts take care of it. The technicians from Paul Davis all-encompassing fire removal services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your house had recent fire damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we finish our smoke restoration services. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage restoration expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Reach out the smoke cleanup and fire remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.