Be on the Lookout for Water Damage
When you’re so busy cleaning and taking care of your home, checking for water damage probably isn’t on the top of your to-do list. Unfortunately, it isn’t uncommon for water damages to seemingly appear out of nowhere. These are often found when it’s too late to reverse the damage. Has your home undergone water damage? Call the professionals as soon as possible. The professionals from Paul Davis will come to your property to assess and restore any water damage in your home. You can take precautionary steps to prevent water damage from happening. All homeowners need to know how to check for water damage in your home.
What Causes Water Damage
We all have appliances that we rely on. But a malfunctioning appliance can often cause more harm than good. Any appliance, whether it’s a shower, refrigerator water dispenser, faucets or bathtub, most of these appliances can leak and cause significant issues. The professionals from Paul Davis can mend any leaks and repair water damage when emergency strikes. Count on Paul Davis to fix water damage from the following:
- Water pipes or lines that burst or leaked
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Dishwashers or washing machines that overflowed
Water Damage Can Be Avoided
Don’t wait for water damage to happen– take action. To dodge costly repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Paul Davis Can Tackle Any Water Damage
A seemingly innocent leaky faucet or washing machine can spiral into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis 888-473-7769. We’ve taken care of water damages in homes for years. Trust us to take care of you.