Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your house. Mold is a part of nature, however the strain of mold that resides in your home or property can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores travel through the air, entering buildings through openings like windows, doors and HVAC systems. They can also be brought into a location on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is nearly impossible for you to prevent mold infiltrating your house. It’s only when mold is growing in your home that you have cause for concern. Having an expert to turn to that can advise on the kind of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way for treatment then carry out the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial abatement services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Remediation and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to treating mold safely, it is best working with a company which specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your home and major health concerns for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, will negatively affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold advances through any surface it grows in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your house, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can correctly identify the kinds of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Properties of Mold
There are 3 general kinds of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in individuals which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances.
With the variety of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist with getting your house healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that thrives indoors and outdoors. It can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that takes traction in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in porous, damp locations such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds bring about asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is lucky, as it is among the more terrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as cooling coils, humidifiers, drain pans, and window sealants. Acremonium is a powdery mold that grows in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold induces skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold is found in homes after a flood or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages and carries a dank odor. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium grows in cold and warm environments and migrates quickly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and migrates in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It thrives in moist and consistently damp areas like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Reach Out to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate damaging mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.