Black Mold Remediation in Athens, GA
We specialize in skillfully repairing water damage and inspecting for black mold growth. When a disaster affects your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to make a second call.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We answer instantly, no matter what time it is, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Licensed professionals have the expertise to carefully and expertly take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our comprehensive solution includes structural drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial actions.
- Specialized equipment and technology identifies the source and isolates the spot, averting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. This type of mold is a noxious fungus that slips in unseen, and then engrosses the area around it. Fungus is all around us – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to take root and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indefinitely, until they encounter dark, dank areas to stay in. Black mold, or Stachybotrys chartarum, can be toxic, affecting the well-being of both people and pets. It belongs to a group of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as harmful.
Information about Mold
Mold doesn’t take long to permeate walls, floors and ceilings. Whenever your home experiences water damage, you should have a Paul Davis technicianheck the walls for mold infestations. They can go unseen for weeks, and then appear practically overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your property, it quickly breeds and discharges toxins that make life unpleasant for occcupants:
- Mold emits a pungent, musty scent that prevents rooms from smelling clean.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive individuals, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- A black mold infestation can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and trouble breathing.
- Mold toxins can cause chronic inflammation and continuous cold-like symptoms.
- People with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological problems or even death.
- The more extended the exposure, the more severe the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be subject to mold invasions even if no water damage has occurred. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it flourishes must first be removed. Water sources have to be handled, and any residual moisture must be thoroughly dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a dripping roof, burst pipe, or other entry point, it isn’t enough to stem the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight portions of your home. Without proper cleanup methods, mold will keep returning to these areas.
What We Do
- Our team will inspect the area and assess visible and unseen damage caused by water and mold, and what action should be taken to prevent further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t spread to wider areas.
- We use progressive air filtration methods to eradicate spores from the air.
- We get rid of mold and any items that have been infected with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial materials to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes erasing that awful, musty odor.
- We restore the area to its original condition using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
No removal procedure can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as inhospitable to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Athens right away. Whether it’s your living space or your business environment that has been compromised, our fast, comprehensive, proficiently trained technicians will take care of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to get things back to normal.